New Year's resolution season is in full swing. At church, one of the most common resolutions I hear mentioned is the desire to read the Bible more, often to tackle the whole Bible in a year.
Whether you're a novice or a pro, the idea of that much reading may seem daunting to you. That said, we want to help!
If you'd like to get into your Bible more this year than last, there are an abundance of resources - and that can be intimidating, so we've narrowed it down to three options for getting into your Bible more.
- Get into a small group! You can browse the small group directory online here or call April at the church office 563.391.5488.
- Try this One-Year Bible Reading plan from divinementor.com.
- Try this 30-days with Jesus reading plan from Zondervan.
Here are a few tips for making your new adventure a success:
- Treat your Bible time like a vacation: Put it on your schedule & go for it!
- Do what you can each day.
- Show yourself grace. No need to throw in the towel if you miss a day or two (or thirty).
- Find a friend who wants to take this journey with you & scheudle a time to talk about what you're reading together.
Let us know what you're doing to stay in the Word. You can send us an email at email@example.com or reach out to us on social media (links below). We can't wait to hear how it's going for you!